Welcome to the Third Grade Classroom Page!
Ms. Nicole Casillan is the 3rd grade teacher, and attended St. Bernard herself from Kindergarten through 8th grade, graduating in 2007. She then attended St. Joseph High, Class of 2011, and graduated from UC Berkeley in 2015 with a B.A. in English with Honors. This 2018-2019 school year will be her 4th year teaching 3rd grade, which means when she first started teaching here, her current students were also starting in Kindergarten! Her past-times include reading, walking to her local library, and cooking. Her favorite subjects to teach are language arts and science, though she is also very fond of social studies. She is not quite as fond of math, so any of her students in the same boat will have her full understanding. (No slacking off, though–math is important!)
Her parish has been St. Bernard Church since she was five years old, and she also volunteers as a Year I Confirmation catechist. She a sister and two brothers, with the youngest, Sam, graduating from St. Bernard’s in 2019. She feels blessed to be able to contribute to the community and the family that helped shape her into the person she is today, and she hopes to impact her students in the same way.
God bless, and may you have a beautiful day!
Ms. Casillan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typing: www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/
- Science: www.eduplace.com/science
- Music: www.funschool.kaboose.com
- Multiplication.com – This website has a variety of multiplication practice quizzes that you can do online. The quizzes are timed and it tells you the number of problems you got correct.
- Math Magician – Click on “Math Magician” and you will find a website that has timed practice on each multiplication fact. It also tells you how many you get correct at the end.
- Practice Timed Test.pdf – This is a document. You can open it and print it out. It is a multiplication practice sheet.
- Science Web Quest: Adaptations to Land and Water
- IXL.com – Language arts, math, social studies, and science
- nitrotype.com – Typing website
- starfall.com – Phonics website
- scholastic.com/bookclubs – Book orders (Class code: TCCWY)