What is the Catholic Academic Junior High Decathlon?
- The Academic Junior High Decathlon is a one-day competition for Catholic School students in grades 6-8. This year the event will be in-person where available and online/virtual for schools not in the vicinity of an in-person event.
- Schools register online – 2 options – 1. with 10 students on a team participating in the full day, or 2. with 1-5 students competing in Individual Subject tests only as a POD (Part of Decathlon)
- There are 10 events:
- Two are collaborative team efforts – a Logic Quiz with 20 rigorous thinking problems, and a Super Quiz with 50 multiple choice questions on five broad academic themes.
- The remaining eight events test individual knowledge of the Roman Catholic doctrine, English, Literature, Science, Mathematics, Current Events, Social Studies, and Fine Arts (Art and Music).
- Topics for these events are available on a Resource List in October.
- Study Guides (practice tests and guidance) are available for purchase separately, also in October.
- Awards are given for individual and team performance, and the winning school team from each geographic arch/diocese, and winners of individual subject tests competes in a National championship which is held shortly after the main competition.
Gentle, caring and welcoming. The extra support she always gives her students helps them rise to the challenge.
Her determination and passion for academics is unsurpassable!